Monday, March 10, 2014

Magnetmounted 'Roman Shades' For Steel French Doors



Hi all,
I don't know if 'roman shades' is the right term but I'm referring to the cloth shades that roll up.
I have vinyl-coated steel french doors and I'd rather not drill holes in it. I can't hang 2 faux wood blinds without screwing so I'm looking for alternatives. The 'roman shades' seem pretty light and won't have the 'clunk factor' when I open/close the door.
Does anyone know if they make these with a magnetic mounting system?
Thanks,
Chris

You're looking for roller blinds which roll up. Romans fold up.
Try this place, which has what you're looking for:
MagneBlind

Thanks! Those look good, but the 'shade' is vinyl - any manufacturers to recommend for cloth shades?

This is the only manufacturer I know of that makes them. I believe they only use vinyl because of the weight issue. Using fabric on working shades starts to become too heavy and the rod will slip or fall off. I think you might have to go custom to get them in fabric and then they'll advise you to leave them stationary.
I'm not an expert on these so I may be totally wrong, but I don't think so.

i think these are what you're looking for. they're fabric, they roll up they attach to the door with adhesive velcro strips. i've seen them in person they're very nice.






Tags: roman, shades, steel, french, doors, cloth shades, roman shades, what looking