Monday, December 30, 2013

Make The Best Watermellon Martini Ever

I was introduced to this ridiculously easy recipre for watermelon martinis a few years back. You will be amazed how easy, and how good! Better than most martini bars and a whole lot cheaper!


Instructions


1. I was attending a charity function with numerous restaurants represented. All of the chefs were serving up delicious samples of their most famous foods, then I noticed a table nearby with no chefs. Standing there were 2 beautiful women serving martinis! Now, I was never a martini man, but what the heck. Pretty women, free martini, OK Twist my arm.


2. One woman was serving watermelon martinis, the other served sour apple martinis. And yes, they were dresses in the appropriate colors!


I tried the sour apple first, it was incredible and tasted just like sour apple with no hint of alcohol at all. Then Miss Watermelon beckoned me to try her martini. Well, OK I said but just one. That was better than the sour apple!


3. I asked them how they made them since I didn't see any mixers. They were hesitant but after 5 more martinis, I guess they told me just to get rid of me!


It's quite simple. Get a large bottle of good vodka such as Grey Goose or Smirnoff. I actually prefer Smirnoff, to me, it is smoother. When I say large, I mean 1.75 liter bottle. Now go to you grocery store and hea dto the candy aisle. Grab those Jolly Rancher candies we all use to love. The make mixed bags and solid flavor bags. Bear in mind these are hard candies. Buy a couple of bags.


4. Now at home, pour about 2 cups of vodka out of the bottle and unwrap 40 of the hard candies. Drop them in the bottle and replace as much vodka as will fit. Cap the bottle and wait. Don't stand their watching it, it takes a few days. The candies will start to disolve and if you shake the bottle now and then, it helps. But figure, your batch will be ready in 2-3 days. Once it is all disolved, stick the bottle in the freezer and chill.


Before your friends come over, pour your secret martinis into a nice serving pitcher or shaker to make it look like you have been slaving over these. Guranteed, you will have everyone complimenting you on your martinis. The only problem is that next time, you will have to make twice as much as more people will be coming to your house!







Tags: sour apple, hard candies, watermelon martinis, will have