Thursday, February 18, 2010

Bake A Chocolatecoffeerumnnuts Cake

I love those simple cakes that compliment my evening cuppa. It shouldn't be too sweet, too dry and obviously not tasting of a slice cake bought from the market.


I miss the cake which my mother would bake so often and pack a couple of slices for us, just in case we got hungry at school.


One Sunday I felt like baking a cake. That was my first ever stint of baking a cake at home, without Mom or Dad's help.


So, I called up Mom and woke her and Dad from an afternoon siesta. "Mom," I sounded frantic, "How do I bake a cake?"


Mom almost got up with a fright, "Well, this wasn't really what I expected at this hour!" she said, "Ok, bring a pen and paper and I will tell you."


While she explained the cake procedure, Dad prompted, "Add a capful of Rum!"


I couldn't see him, but I knew his eyes twinkled while saying that. Also, realising that a cake with Rum, my husband would love it even more.


So here I am sharing my own way of baking a cake at home. Its simple, its easy, and its yummy!


Instructions


1. Take the sugar first and grind it fine in a mixer-grinder.


2. Melt a cup of butter in the microven.


3. After a couple of rounds of the sugar in a mixer-grinder, add the melted butter.


4. After two-three rounds, the butter should have blended with the sugar well.


5. Add the super refined soft wheat flour to the mixture bit by bit. If you add it together, it might get lumpy. Once you are done with a few rounds of the mixer-grinder, the batter will look like a paste.


6. Then add the cocoa powder, coffee, vanilla essence and the bakin soda. Give it another few rounds of the mixer-grinder to ensure it mixes well.


7. Take the baking dish, grease it with melted butter. Don't forget to grease the sides. Sprinkle some super refined wheat flour on the base to prevent the cake from sticking to the bottom.


8. Pour the cake batter into the mould. You can pre-heat oven by switching it on for 30 seconds. Or place it straight right in. Time it atleast for 10 mins on high.


9. Within a few mintues, you will see the dough rise. Once the 10 mintue druation is over, take a fork and pierce the cake. If the fork comes out smoothly without any batter or cake sticking to it, you know your cake is done.


10. Let the cake cool on its own. You will notice, since the dish was greased well, the cake will on its own leave the sides of the dish. This way, your cake will come out smoothly from the dish.







Tags: baking cake, baking cake home, cake home, cake will, melted butter, rounds mixer-grinder