Thursday, April 16, 2009

Lose Weight With Cheap Protein Shakes

Lose Weight with Cheap Protein Shakes


There are just as many ways to lose weight as there are people wanting to lose it, but what has worked for me in the past is exercising more and a high protein diet (no I don't eat large slabs of bacon). Protein can and should come from a variety of sources.


This is one of the easiest and least expensive ways I have found to get more protein in my diet.


Instructions


1. As part of a diet made up of several small meals, I like to have a protein shake right before bed time. That way I can keep my metabolism up without adding extra fat or carbohydrates to my diet.


2. There are many types of protein available. You can even just buy the shakes at the store, but those are far more expensive than making them yourself. I prefer to buy a giant bag of vanilla protein powder (it takes on other flavors better than chocolate).


3. Get out your blender and put enough protein powder in for 21 grams, which is usually about 1/3 cup. (Increase or decrease the amount of protein depending on your body size.)


4. Pick out a flavor of fat free, sugar free pudding mix that you like. I love the cheesecake kind. Pour 1/3 of the package into your blender. You can use more or less depending on the thickness you like in your shakes. I use a third because it makes the shakes pretty creamy and goes further than a half.


5. Add one cup of either water or milk. I use fat free milk because it is creamier and tastes better than the water in my opinion, it does however add more calories to the drink.


6. Put the lid on the blender and mix the drink together. Slowly add a few ice cubes in and blend until the ice is mostly crushed.


7. Pour and drink!







Tags: better than, Cheap Protein, Cheap Protein Shakes, Lose Weight, protein diet, protein powder, Protein Shakes